日期和年份——英式英语与美式英语的不同
DATES & YEARS in British & American English
大家好 歡迎來到 English with
Hello everyone and welcome back to English with Lucy
lucy今天我們要糾正那些你可能
today I am going to correct an error
說錯的
that many of you
英文
have been making.
我要告訴你如何正確的寫或說英文的日期
I’m gonna tell you how to say and write dates properly. Now,
最主要會混淆的是
the main thing that confuses people, is the difference
英式和美式的日期表示方式不同
between American Dates and British Dates.
美國會先說月份
Americans would say the month first,
再來日期
then the day, then the year.
最后是年英國人則會先說日期
British people however, would say the day first,
再來月份
then the month, then the year.
最后是年这是最主要的不同
So that’s the main difference,
我會說我的生日是 10th of
I would say my date of birth
June1994(10日6月1994年)
at the 10th of June 1994
而美國人說 June 10th 1994(6月10日1994年)
Americans would say June 10th 1994
還有一個錯誤是
Now another error that people make is that they get confused
很多人會搞混基數和序數
between cardinal and ordinal numbers.
這些是基數一
Here are the cardinal numbers: one,
二 三 四
two, three, four, five. Then,
五然後這些是序數第一
we have the ordinal numbers: first,
第二 第三 第四
second, third, fourth, fifth.
第五看出不同了嗎?
See the difference?
基數
Cardinal Ordinal Now,
序數然後序數的縮寫是 1st 2nd 3rd 4th
the abbreviation of ordinal numbers are as follows: 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 5th.
5th以此類推
And so on.
當應寫出完整的日期時 我們會用這種寫法
And we will always use this format when writing out dates in full.
不用縮寫來寫日期(序數)是很少見的
It’s very rare to see an unabbreviated ordinal number in a written date.
那樣只會浪費空間
This is just waste of space.
就像地球上的很多事物一樣
Like many things on this planet.
另一個錯誤是很多學生會忘記
Another error is that students often forget
寫月份時 第一個字母要大寫
that we write months with a capital letter.
確定你可以完整了解年份和月的發音
Make sure you fully understand the pronunciation of the months of the year.
如果你對於發音
If you have any doubts
還有疑問 你可以點這上面
about how to learn pronunciation you can see this video
去看這部影片1月
in the card above. January,
2月 3月 4月
February, March, April, May,
5月 6月 7月
June, July, August, September,
8月 9月 10月 11月
October, November, December.
12月你最喜歡哪一個月呢?
Witch month is your favourite?
在底下留言以上
Comment bellow and tell me why. So,
就是如何用英文寫日期英國人
that’s is how you write the date.
: the 10th of June
In English the 10th of June 1994
1994美國人 : June 10th
and in American June 10th 1994. Now,
1994你有聽到我英式版本怎麼說?
did you hear me when I read out the British version?
是寫10th June
It’s written 10th June 1994
1994但是我說 (the) 10th (of) June
but I said (the) 10th (of) June 1994. So,
1994.你不需要寫the和of
you don’t need to write’the
但是要說出來
‘ and’of’ but you need to say it.
如果你說我的生日是 10th June
If you say’My birthday is 10th June 1994′
1994聽起來有點奇怪
it sounds a little bit weird, it sounds a bit forced and unnatural.
不太自然所以你要說我的生日是the
So you want to say’My birthday
10thof June
is the 10th of June 1994′
1994在美國則不必要加the 和
In American English this is not essential.
ofMy birthday is June 10th
My birthday is June 10th 1994. Now,
1994.很多人回疑惑如何說年份
something else tend to be really confused,
的英文
is how to say years.
在2000年以前(1994)
With years before the millennium (1994)
我們知道要分成兩個部分講
we know that we split it up into 2 sections: 18|25,
18|25
10|66.
10|6610|66
10|66 for example
的例子2000年
Let me get past the year 2000 it
以後則有點複雜
starts to get a little bit more complicated. Now,
有兩種說法都是可以接受的
there are two acceptable ways of saying the dates:
你可以說20??
You can say twenty and then the number although,
雖然在2010
with the years
年以前你必須說o9
before two thousand and ten you want to say
說20歐8 20歐9
o9 We’ll say twenty o eight, twenty o nine, twenty ten. Otherwise,
2010不然如果你說twenty nine聽起來很像是
if you say twenty nine, it sounds like
數字29所以
the number 29. So,
你必須說twenty o
you need to say twenty o nine.
nine.我比較喜歡說出全名
I have a prefer to say the full number.
像
I like to say:
2017
two thousand and seventeen.
有一件事情很重要就是你必須記得加and
The important thing that you must remember is the’and’.
當你要說2000
It is absolutely essential
年以後是一定要加and的two
that you include the’and’ when you say a date starting with the year 2000.
thousand and one (2001)two
two thousand and one (2001),
thousand and ten (2010)two
two thousand and ten (2010),
thousand and seventeen (2017).
two thousand and seventeen (2017). Now,
你有聽到我說嗯
did you hear I say n, n,
恩我只是加了一個音節”恩”two
I just add an extra syllable and go in, in
thousand and one two thousand and seventeen 我用聯結音 (schwa
two thousand and one, two thousand and seventeen
sound 不確定中文怎麼翻)
so I’m using the schwa sound two thousand
twothousand and seventeen two thousand and twelve.
and seventeen, two thousand and twelve. So,
你學會了
there you have it!
現在你有方法
So there you have it,
知道要怎麼用英文說日期了
the definitive guide on how to read dates in English!
我希望對你有用 也希望你學到東西了
I hope that was usefull for you, I hope you learned something.
不要忘記去我所有的社交平台
Don’t forget to connect with me on all of my social media.
在我的IG和FB有live直播教你如何發音的課程 在星期日的16:30分(台灣時間星期一的凌晨00:
You’ve got my Instagram and my Facebook where I host a free live pronunciation lesson every sunday at 16:30 GMT.
30)不要忘了幫影片案個讚
Don’t forget to give this video a like and
第一次來的話也請確定你有訂閱
if this is your first time visiting make sure you subscribe.
下一堂課再見
I will see you soon for another lesson.
ㄇㄨㄚ
*muack*
過了2000年以後
When we get pass the millennium
過了2000年以後
When we get pass the year two thousand
དབྱིན་ཡིག་ཆེད་མཁས་པ།